Do you have concerns about your bone health? Do you worry that you may be at risk of osteoporosis? Perhaps you have already suffered a fracture because of bone thinning. You can book the best DEXA (DXA) scanning available at 25 Harley Street. Telephone 0203 8839525 or e mail: [email protected] to book an appointment.
What is a DEXA Scan?
A DEXA scan is the first step to stopping osteoporosis in its tracks. A DEXA scan is recommended as a first line of defence against osteoporosis. DEXA – also referred to as DXA – is short for dual energy X-ray absorptiometry. DEXA scans are safe, accurate, painless and non-invasive. The DEXA scanner uses a far lower radiation level than CT scan or MRIs. The DEXA scan measurement compares and calculates your bone density to other people who are the same age and sex, giving a good indication as to whether you’re at risk of conditions such as osteoporosis and osteopenia- when the bone thins - often a precursor to osteoporosis.
The best DEXA in Harley Street
At 25 Harley Street, you will find the most up to date and high spec DEXA (DXA) machines available.
- The DEXAs at 25 Harley Street offer the most advanced diagnostic features
- You can speak to DEXA consultants who are qualified to produce a comprehensive prognostic report allowing a more detailed and comprehensive analysis of your health.
- The DEXA scanners at 25 Harley Street are equipped with the ‘Advanced Body Composition’ software to provide a reading of the total fat in the trunk area of your body.
- The DEXA ‘Core Scan’ option is also available, which pinpoints whether this fat is visceral fat - the kind that wraps itself around the internal organs such as the liver, pancreas and intestines - risk factors for diabetes, heart disease and cancer rise.
- With these readings, you can discuss how to reduce your risk with lifestyle changes or medications.
How much does a DEXA scan cost?
Do talk to you insurer in case you are covered for your DEXA scan. However, you can self-refer. A DEXA (DXA) scan at 25 Harley Street costs £270. This includes a report on your bone health that spans the next ten years by one of the UK's most respected osteoporosis doctors.
At 25 Harley Street, we have some of the most expert Consultant Rheumatologists in the UK. Your DEXA results will be interpreted by Professor David Reid, an internationally acknowledged authority on DEXA, and Emeritus Professor of Rheumatology at the University of Aberdeen. The Professor is passionate about bone health and screening for those who are at risk of osteoporosis. He says, "Once someone knows they are at risk of osteoporosis, getting the right treatment can produce a reduction in risk of up to 70%, by using lifestyle changes as well as supplements and prescribed medication."
A DEXA scan is considered safe and risk-free, you can also self-refer. You can book a DEXA scan yourself at 25 Harley Street. It could be the best decision you will ever make for your bones and your future health and wellbeing.
Telephone: 0203 8839525
Email: [email protected]
A condition in which the protein and mineral content of bone tissue is reduced, but less severely than in osteoporosis.Full medical glossary