International Consultant Dermatologist, Dr Suchi Badvey describes effective procedures to boost our natural skin rejuvenation systems and to increase collagen density. In her article, What are the benefits of Microneedling, Dr Badvey writes, "Micro-needling is a skin rejuvenation treatment that naturally helps trigger collagen and elastin synthesis within the skin with maximum results and minimum down-time. It’s safe for nearly all skin types. An initial consultation with a consultant dermatologist can confirm this."
Microneedling is a safe and affordable way to rejuvenate aging skin and should be done in a medical environment by a trained medical professional.
The cells in the skin that naturally produce collagen and other rejuvenation factors such as elastin are called fibroblasts. Fibroblast production is actively encouraged following a course of microneedling. PRP also stimulates cellular regeneration and collagen production.
When combined the treatments will have the following impact:
- Improve wrinkles, minimize pore size and induce skin tightening.
- Stimulate collagen production which promotes rejuvenation
- Improve surgical, traumatic, burn and acne scars
- Treat hyperpigmentation (brown spots and melasma)
- The technique has also demonstrated to improve stretch marks
Boosting collagen and elastin within the dermis takes time, initial rejuvenation responses can be as early as three months.