Information regarding the treatment of anal fissures, anal fistulas and haemorrhoids does not often get a good airing despite the agony and embarrassment that can be caused by these common conditions.
Colorectal conditions can have a highly debilitating affect on well-being, cause huge concern and can be dangerous. For information on these important and common issues, the Royal Marsden Hospital colorectal expert, Mr Anthony Antoniou, provides an excellent service in the first instance by answering patients' questions such as the following in plain English:
- How do you know if you have an anal fissure?
- What is the expected recovery time following treatment for an anal fissure?
- What causes an anal fistula?
- What are the symptoms of an anal fistula?
- What are haemorrhoids (piles)?
- How can I prevent haemorrhoids?
For a full list of questions and answers please click here.