In an urgent open letter to the MHRA, copied into the UK's most senior policy makers, the UK Medical Freedom Alliance say, "We implore the MHRA to immediately reverse the decision to authorize the Pfizer-BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine for children and abide by the Hippocratic oath to “First do no Harm”.
The fully referenced letter systematically lays out highly compelling reasons for why vaccinating children would do more potential and actual harm than good. Pulling no punches the letter points out that, "There may be healthy UK children who will not live to see another Christmas if Covid-19 vaccines are rolled out in schools over the summer/autumn. This would be an unforgiveable act of completely avoidable harm, for which you would be responsible, individually and collectively".
The letter has been copied to the following lead policy makers:
- Rt Hon Boris Johnson - Prime Minister
- Rt Hon Matt Hancock - Secretary of State for Health and Social Care
- Professor Chris Whitty - Chief Medical Officer
- Rt Hon Nicola Sturgeon - First Minister of Scotland
- Rt Hon Mark Drakeford - First Minister of Wales
- Rt Hon Arlene Foster - First Minister of Northern Ireland
- Prof Andrew Pollard - Chair of the Joint Committee for Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI)
- Rt Hon Nadhim Zahawi - Minister for Covid-19 Vaccine Deployment
What are the issues associated with vaccinating children for COVID-19?
In brief, the specific issues include the following:
1. The risk of Covid-19 to children is miniscule.
2. The potential benefit to an individual child of receiving a Covid-19 vaccine is statistically zero.
3. Children play an insignificant role in transmission of Covid-19.
4. Acquiring natural immunity will serve a better protective purpose,
5. The completely new gene-based technologies are experimental.
6. There is currently no data to indicate whether dose adjustment may be necessary in children.
7. Spike proteins appear to contribute significantly to the pathogenicity of SARS-CoV-2, and the safety of this approach needs to be thoroughly investigated and firmly established.
8. Potential adverse, long-term, effects on fertility, carcinogenesis, and children’s developing neurological and immune systems MUST be completely ruled out, as is done with other drugs and vaccines. This may take years or decades to fully establish.
9. Serious adverse events and vaccine-related deaths have been reported in the UK, the US and Europe.
10. Some life-threatening effects, such as blood clots and myocarditis, have been reported specifically in children and young adults.
11. Vaccine manufacturers have requested and been granted complete exemption from
liability for any injuries or deaths resulting from their products. This is not a risk the companies are prepared to take.
Media targeting young people and children
The BBC have already started producing 'information pieces' aimed at children, for example, this from BBC Newsround commenting on the approval of the vaccine for 12 - 15 year olds. The Daily Expose have already taken time to review and provide their opinion.
Medscape report that two doctors are using TikTok to encourage young people to take the vaccine. They state, "With the NHS rollout of vaccines in England now including 25 to 29-year-olds, both doctors said they felt TikTok was the best platform to reach a younger demographic".
Vaccine informed consent?
With regard to the fundamental concept of 'informed consent, The Medical Freedom Alliance make a number of clear observations. They state:
"We are alarmed at the targeting of the public, and more recently schoolchildren, with material conveying a one-sided and simplified message, without reflection or consideration for individual circumstances, or disclosure of the known and unknown risks we have outlined. Multiple resources are being made available that appear to be aimed at modifying behaviour to reduce “vaccine hesitancy”. These appear to rely not on the strength of scientific arguments but on techniques of persuasion. Recent reports, suggesting that the use of peer pressure to increase uptake of the vaccine in children has been condoned by some school leaders, were very disturbing. This is not consistent with ethical and lawful practice of medicine and indeed constitutes a violation of Informed Consent, as required by the GMC, the NHS Constitution, and the Montgomery ruling".
pic cred: Shutterstock
Associated with the nervous system and the brain.Full medical glossary
A bacterium, virus, or other microorganism that can cause disease.Full medical glossary